Pastry Bakers wanted!
The Bon Ton Bakery and Patisserie is an artisanal bakery that started in 1956. The goal back then and today is to create the finest bread and pastries with quality ingredients and no compromises. We are a cornerstone of the Edmonton baking scene, with customers in successive generations enjoying our hand-made creations!
Over the years, our product range has expanded significantly and now also includes a number of grocery items that complement our baked goods, but our value of ensuring the highest quality for all of our products has never changed. We strive to stay at the leading edge of artisanal baking, and utilize the best, proven techniques to create that perfect loaf, cake, or pastry.
As a pastry baker, you will liaise with the executive chef and other chefs to design seasonal menus. Your duties will include the baking of pastries for confectionary displays. To be successful as a pastry baker, you should be able to work with pastry staff under stressful conditions and also have extensive experience in pastry baking.
Pastry Baker Responsibilities:
- Consulting with the executive chef and other chefs to plan menus.
- Demonstrating skill in baking pastries, desserts, cakes, cookies, sweets, and pies.
- Creating enticing confectionery decorations and delicious pastry fillings, as well as keeping abreast of new pastry baking techniques.
- Applying classic pastry baking techniques when preparing traditional pastries.
- Adhering to food industry regulations.
- Monitoring equipment and ensuring all specialized pastry baking tools are in working order.
- Maintaining the good running order of specialized pastry baking equipment.
Pastry Baker Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in baking and pastry arts, or similar preferred.
- Post-secondary vocational training at a culinary institution would be advantageous.
- 2 or more years of experience as a pastry baker, or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of traditional pastry baking techniques.
- Creative ability in designing, decorating, and filling confectionery.
- Ability to coordinate with other chefs and manage pastry section staff.
- In-depth knowledge of food industry regulations.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when required.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
If this position gets you excited, and you are interested in exploring a career with Bon Ton, please send your resume to email@example.com