Retail Operations Associate wanted!
The Bon Ton Bakery and Patisserie is an artisanal bakery that started in 1956. The goal back then and today is to create the finest bread and pastries with quality ingredients and no compromises. We are a cornerstone of the Edmonton baking scene, with customers in successive generations enjoying our hand-made creations!
Over the years, our product range has expanded significantly and now also includes a number of grocery items that complement our baked goods, but our value of ensuring the highest quality for all of our products has never changed. We strive to stay at the leading edge of artisanal baking, and utilize the best, proven techniques to create that perfect loaf, cake, or pastry.
We are seeking a full time Retail Operations Associate to coordinate our grocery inventory, purchasing, and merchandising tasks, and provide customer service phone and sales support. If you have experience performing these tasks in a retail environment, have a passion for high-quality products, and enjoy serving customers, we want to hear from you!
- Monitor grocery inventory stock levels and stock shelves
- Maintain and update the website, including product descriptions
- Manage inventory on the point of sale system
- Complete and send purchase orders to vendors
- Receive items and maintain vendor relationships
- Recommend new/complimentary products based on sales turnover
- Maintain an inviting storefront that reflects the Bon Ton brand
- Answer customer calls, take orders, and provide support to storefront staff
- Experience in inventory management, purchasing, and shelf stocking in a retail environment
- High level of proficiency in point of sale systems, website data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Post-secondary education in purchasing/inventory an asset
- Knowledge of SQL report generation an asset
This position will work Monday – Friday, with occasional Saturdays (during peak holiday periods).
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
Join our team at Bon Ton Bakery and contribute to our legacy of high-quality products and exceptional customer service. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter showcasing your relevant experience and qualifications. We appreciate all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.